Mission: To reduce the use and prevent the abuse of substances by our youth and adults in our community through active partnerships and collaboration.
Vision: That all Seneca County residents have access to consistent, factual, data driven prevention, education and referral resources.
Engage. Empower. Prevent.
Let’s work together to build our youths’ protective factors!!
What are protective factors?? Skills needed to succeed in life! Everyone in our community contributes to our youths’ protective factors. Help us help our youth by providing these 8 basic building blocks:
- Support: experiencing people and places that are accepting and loving
- Empowerment: knowing they are valued and valuable
- Boundaries & Expectations: understanding limits and possibilities
- Constructive Use of Time: being involved in enriching and structured activities
- Commitment to Learning: believing that education is important and engaging
- Positive Values: caring for others and holding hide standards for self
- Social Competencies: developing skills and relationships for life
- Positive Identity: believing in their personal power, purpose, and potential
Coalition in Action
National Night Out
An annual family-fun night (held in August) hosted by our law enforcement partners
that brings our community together.
Drug Take Back Day
Have unused or expired medications in your cabinets? Come drop them off on this national day in April or feel free to utilize the multiple drop box locations throughout our county available year round [Seneca Falls & Waterloo Police Department, Seneca County Sheriff’s Office, Office for the Aging, Seneca County Office Building and the Walmart Pharmacy].
Day of Giving
We believe in giving back and recognizing those who make our community stronger. If you know of someone (individual or business) that makes our county stronger, please let us know so we can be sure we add them to our list for our next event!
These signs are available free of charge to remind the public that your space is smoke free (tobacco/nicotine, marijuana/cannabis, vaping, etc.). Contact the Coalition if are in need of any signs.
Support & Resources
- Narcan Training
- Deterra (drug deactivation system)
- Stop DWI Simulator
- Presentations regarding nicotine, cannabis, and alcohol